Does your school conduct its own pastoral care program or something similar that you conduct for your students?
- Does the content of the program include organisation, time management, goal setting and study skills?
- When was the last time the content and material was reviewed?
- Does the content flow across the various year levels seamlessly?
- Do your teachers understand the content and can deliver it effectively to students?
- Is this something you would like to see your school develop and put in place?
- Do you know how you would like such a program to run?
- Do you know what students need assistance with and what to include?
- Do your teachers also need professional development?
- advising on the structure and set up of programs
- drafting and writing content
- developing and tailoring lesson plans
- designing student worksheets
- putting together presentation slides and materials in powerpoint or keynote
- conducting professional development sessions with staff
- conducting workshops for parents so they too are on the same page and know how to support their child.
In 2018 I was delighted to have assisted St Bernard’s College in Essendon to develop their Pastoral Care program for Year 7-Year 10 students in relation to organisation, time management and study skills. The program now in place caters for the needs of the students at their relevant year level and is incremental over time leading to the senior years.
If you would like to know more then please get in touchand we can discuss your schools requirements and needs.