Let’s have some fun as we near the end of the year – here’s 10 facts about me that you might be interested to learn!
- I can speak Japanese and I spent 12 months as an exchange student in Japan in 1988. Returning from Japan, I completed Yr 12 Japanese and then a double degree in Arts (Japanese) and Business (Marketing). Many of my students who are studying Japanese get surprised when I speak to them (mind you it is a little rusty these days from lack of use)!
- Travelling is one of my passions and there is always something to learn or see. It’s also great to do and share with my family and friends. One of my longest trips was when my husband and I spent 4 months backpacking around the world in 2000.
- My family has a pugalier named Tilly – she is 6 years old.
- You might be surprised but I don’t live in a perfect, organised magazine like home – I often get asked about my home and like everyone you have to live in it to suit your lifestyle. Naturally with a family and at times it can be a little messy. I do however have systems and processes in place to pull it back rather than let it get further out of control.
- I love to spend time reading but sadly these days it is often limited to when I am on holidays.
- My first ever job as an organiser (over 8 years ago) was when I was invited by another organiser to help her with a client. It was great hands on experience and I learnt many things. The strangest thing was that I found an urn of ashes in the cupboard and had no idea what it was initially. Since then I have come across them many times and at least now I know what they are!
- I enjoy good food and wine and love to cook! I actually find spending time in the kitchen relaxing and love to use good quality produce and cook from scratch! My thermomix has been one of my best investments not only does it help with this it saves so much time too.
- Playing sport has always been a passion of mine though sadly I have had to give most of it up including netball, basketball and running due to having very little cartilage in my knees. I’m still a regular at my local gym and swim from time to time.
- My nickname is Panda and it started when I was born with my father giving mum a big panda bear and the fact that it rhymed with Amanda.
- I have two boys who are now 14 and 17. They are both very different personalities and love playing sport including cricket and soccer.
Bonus fact – I often mention this but want to mention again – I love being an academic life coach & organising expert, teaching and sharing tools & strategies to students and parents. I love making a difference to their lives and I probably get as much satisfaction as my students do when they feel they have achieved something!